Hotwire Germany is looking for a Business Development Manager as of July 1st, 2017. This role will generate and nurture leads for us and turn them into opportunities. We are looking for someone who is a great networker, well connected in the IT and tech industry and who knows how to use digital channels, e.g. business networks, to her / his advantage (“Social Selling”).
Compensation will consist of a fixed monthly salary as well as a success-based component. Hotwire has offices in Munich and Frankfurt – the Business Development Manager will be based in Munich, working closely with the German Managing Director. We expect excellent English language skills, as the Business Development Manager will work closely with international colleagues.
Reporting path and support
The Business Development Manager will report to the Managing Director Germany. Support will be provided from international sales colleagues in the US and the UK.
- Having “presence”, able to sell and convince with good communication skills
- Organised with attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Self-motivated and taking ownership
- Building rapport and relationships – getting on with people
- Not accepting second best from self or team – always looking to achieve improvements
- Highly supportive of agency objectives
- Consistency in performance
- Positive attitude around team / clients / office
Role specific competencies
- Work with the agency’s practice leaders to understand its proposition in terms of expertise, clients and service-line.
- Develop and source target lists based on objectives agreed with local management
- Execute the agency’s (tele)sales operations from initial contact through to setting up the first credentials meeting.
- Advisory role on state-of-the-art lead generation and lead nurturing tools and content needed to complete the role’s tasks successfully
- Take an active role in the agency’s marketing and networking efforts. We have organised client and prospect events and expect this role’s support to use and improve them for new business purposes
- Being an active member of at least one professional organisation and one networking association.
- Connects to business development roles across the Hotwire group to evaluate international leads and opportunities.
- Feed back to team what parts of our profile or value proposition resonate with prospects, help us improve. Assist in optimising our website to support sales targets.
- EITHER you are rewarded with a fixed % of the total project amount or initially agreed annual agency fee in the first year of a contract once a new client signs a contract with Hotwire Germany
- OR you are rewarded a fixed fee (different amounts depending on the worth) for self-sourced, qualified opportunities. These are opportunities to pitch, i.e. Hotwire Germany is invited to answer a Request for Information (1st pitch round, sometimes skipped by companies), a Request for Proposal (1st or 2nd round of a pitch) or deliver a pitch presentation (specific task and opportunity to present solution in person before prospect).
Hotwire knows both forms of incentive schemes. Yours will be mutually determined in the course of our contract negotiations. We will also define which revenue schedules need to be met to qualify for rewards.
We are using Salesforce to manage leads and opportunities and expect proficiency with the tool. Pardot is part of Salesforce, and our prospect database / email marketing tool. Hotwire Marketing staff will ensure we have great content to share regularly. We are considering booking a LinkedIn Sales Navigator license. The Business Development Manager helps to make the most of these tools and activities.
All levels and functions in the agency are eligible to trainings. Training needs need to be communicated proactively by the Business Development Manager or agreed upon in close cooperation with international sales colleagues or the local management.
Please send your letter of application as well as your CV to HRGermany@hotwirepr.com. Please highlight your network in the German IT and tech industry and any special business development successes you have achieved to date. Also link to your business network profiles and explain your understanding of the potential of “Social Selling”. Please include a potential start date as well as your expectations regarding the fixed monthly salary. We are very looking forward to getting to know you!