You have specific experience as an office manager and know your way around technology. You have a friendly and helpful attitude, and may even consider yourself a “people pleaser.” You are proactive and go out of your way to be a leader when there’s a problem to be solved. You have a keen eye for details and work well in an independent environment. You are just as excited about making a to-do list as you are about crossing items off. You are comfortable working with leadership and thrive when being given the reigns to own a project. You’ve worked in a customer service role in the past and always found yourself looking for ways to enhance the customer experience. You are very comfortable using Outlook and keeping a calendar. If this sounds like you, please read on…
A Hotwire Office Manager is a key member of the admin team that has three core areas of responsibility: office management, executive support and basic IT support. They are responsible for ensuring that the working and client environment is superb and that the office is enjoyable for the teams to work in.
- Motivated by and derives personal satisfaction from supporting the Hotwire PR team so they can focus on providing innovative and creative integrated marketing solutions to our clients. Simply put, supporting the team is what turns you on and makes you happy.
- Has a get-it-done style with the ability to juggle a lot of balls at once without any of them hitting the floor.
- Is comfortable with changing priorities and the ability to gear shift as the demands of the day unfold.
- Has a natural ability to develop collaborative sworking relationships with a range of personality types and work styles so work gets done without drama or conflict.
- Is highly detail oriented and a deep understanding that it’s the ability to anticipate and get the details right that separates failure or mediocrity from excellence.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable speaking up, asking questions, challenging assumptions, and the ability to be constructively persistent.
- Has an expressive and energetic style and a natural at expressing and leading our cultural identity as one of the best places to work in our industry.
- Manage general administration and operations (calendaring system, conference rooms, subscriptions management, mail, etc.)
- Manage facilities for the Hotwire San Francisco office; Oversee janitorial programs and vendors, office supplies/equipment inventory and ordering.
- Assist in on-boarding new staff by carrying out a number of standardized duties (e.g. work station set up, orientation to administrative systems and processes, etc.)
- Implement the employee birthday and employment anniversary recognition programs
- Ensure that the first point of contact is friendly, professional and courteous for all callers and visitors. Efficiency is essential; therefore the target is to answer 90% of all calls within 3 rings. Visitors should be offered refreshments as required
- Oversee travel agency program (monitor / assist staff with travel bookings); Setup / administer other preferred provider relationships with hotels, ground transportation providers, etc); Assist staff with special travel bookings
- Organize and implement monthly employee lunches and periodic training program lunches; Coordinate periodic client meetings, lunches, or dinners
- Ensure the office is tidy, presentable, and functioning on an ongoing basis, paying particular attention to the reception area, meeting rooms and kitchen. Coordinate regular agency cleanups.
- Ensure meeting rooms are tidied up post meetings and being kept tidy throughout the day. Play a central role in planning and implementing a range of special events including the annual company holiday party, semi-annual all staff retreats, quarterly leadership team off-site with daily logistics including repairs and maintenance.
- Liaise with the building manger regarding security and safety rules and regulations, including fire safety.
- Act as an ambassador and host to all employees and visitors. Providing general information about our office, area and city.
- Inventory and stock consumable goods for staff, clients and guests. Including coffee, snacks, and toiletries and office supplies. This includes managing and reporting a monthly office budget.
- Assist with simple technology needs and support (email, copy machines, video conferencing issues)
- Occasionally assist with scheduling and logistical items. This includes booking accomodations and travel for the team and clients.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous office management experience desirable
- Interest in and/or experience in working at public relations or related marketing agency
- Quirky – Not afraid to speak up and own your ideas
- Obsessed with continuous improvement
- Curious about how the business works and how you contribute to the organizations success
- Driven to produce excellent work
- Pragmatic and goal oriented
- Developed strong written and presentation communication skills, with the comfort to present ideas and make a case to clients and partner agencies
- Positive, authentic, solution-oriented team player with a good sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Hotwire is a global PR and communications agency dedicated to helping ambitious companies change their game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Our communications experts provide our clients with in-depth knowledge and experience of a number of market categories. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a team, with a ‘one office’ mentality. Our international team works across our 22 locations, including the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand, together with affiliate partners. We bring the best of our knowledge, skills and experience to all of our clients wherever they are in the world and are committed to being the best agency they'll ever work with. When it comes to people, Hotwire PR employs collaborative and creative entrepreneurs. Our people are our product. So the hiring, development and promotion of our people is priority number one.
Hotwire values diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category protected under the law.